Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) Permits

First check that you need a permit

You will need a permit if:

  • you wish to recycle inert waste (for example concrete, hardcore, more examples)
  • you use a car towing a twin axe trailer
  • you use a van/pickup whether or not towing a trailer

Types of Permits

There are three types of Waste permits, please check their terms and conditions:

* Please note that you only require Recyclable and General permits if you choose to deliver your waste in a van, certain types of commercial vehicles or a twin axle trailer (see access policy).

Apply for a permit

If this is you first visit you need to register with Lancashire County Online, if you have already registered please log in.

If your permit application is successful we will post it out on the next working day by 2nd class post. Please allow up to 7 days to receive your permit.


We ask for your contact details, to keep you updated and to contact you if there are any queries regarding your application.

Should you experience any difficulties in applying for a permit, please call our Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 6781 who will assist with your application.