- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
|KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4
- Amira Helme (SEND Specialist Teacher)
- Deborah Cook (Specialist Teacher)
Suitable for: Headteacher, Subject Leaders
This practical workshop aims to support new and experienced SENCOs.
This practical workshop session aims to:
• support SENCOs in understanding and applying the graduated approach in their own school setting by developing a more strategic approach to the management of inclusion and SEN;
• SENCOs will be shown a range of methods on how to apply the ‘Assess, Plan, Do and Review’ cycle;
• SENCOs will be shown how to use assessment data to analyse and evaluate the impact of SEND provision in their own setting;
• identify the steps for planning effective provision; and
• explore a range of provision maps to enable the delegate to identify an approach that is best suited to their own setting.
Class and subject teachers need to be at the centre of the graduated approach, driving the ‘Asses, Plan, Do and Review’ cycle. This practical workshop will allow SENCOs to ensure that the SEND provision is tailored to meet the pupils’ needs as it is continually revisited, refined, refreshed and revised.
This workshop style session will allow delegates to explore a range of good practice to enable the busy SENCO to identify an approach that is best suited to their own setting.