Being an Effective Primary Science Subject Leader - Two day course
£300 (LCC Fee)
£300 (Ext Fee)
Rachael Webb (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
1.To provide Science subject leaders with the knowledge and skills to develop key elements of leading and managing Science effectively.
2.To consider monitoring and evaluating strategies to ensure impact on teaching and learning
3.To introduce the Primary Science Quality Mark scheme
Are you the Science Subject Leader and unsure of where to start or the next steps to develop the subject further?
Are you collecting the relevant information to monitor the quality of teaching and learning in Science?
Do you need support on how you can impact on teaching and learning and raise pupil achievement?
Would you like ideas on how to raise the profile of Science within your school? If yes, then this course will give you an insight into:
- The role of a subject leader
- Policy documents and Health and Safety advice
- Science curriculum planning
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses within the subject through effective self-evaluation
- Next steps to develop the subject further linking to school and national priorities
- Good practice in Science teaching and learning
- Action planning
- Effective monitoring strategies
- Ensuring impact, leading change and raising standards
- Supporting colleagues in developing their confidence and expertise in teaching science
- Responding to issues arising from Ofsted inspections
The 2 day course will also provide an opportunity to network with colleagues in similar positions across the region and will introduce the Primary Science Quality Mark (PSQM) and how your school can get involved.