Being an Effective Primary Science Subject Leader 2 Day Course
£310 (LCC Fee)
£310 (Ext Fee)
Rachael Webb (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
• To increase teachers' confidence in leading primary science
• To provide an outline for self-evaluation, vision setting and action planning - INTENT
• To develop strategies to ensure effective science teaching and learning across the school - IMPLEMENTATION
• To develop strategies for monitoring and evaluating to ensure IMPACT
• To introduce the Primary Science Quality Mark scheme
Are you the Science Subject Leader and unsure of where to start or the next steps to develop the subject further?
Are you collecting the relevant information to monitor the quality of teaching and learning in Science?
Do you need support on how you can impact on teaching and learning and raise pupil achievement?
Would you like ideas on how to raise the profile of Science within your school?
If yes, then this course will give you an insight into:
- The role of a subject leader
- Policy documents and Health and Safety advice
- Science curriculum planning
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses within the subject through effective self-evaluation
- Identifying next steps to develop the subject further linking to school and national priorities
- Good practice in Science teaching and learning
- An overview of skills progression, assessment and moderation
- Action planning and prioritising next steps
- Effective monitoring strategies
- Ensuring impact, leading change and raising standards
- Supporting colleagues in developing their confidence and expertise in teaching science
- Responding to issues arising from Ofsted inspections
The course will include a FREE copy of ‘Examining Teaching and Learning in Science - Intent, Implementation & Impact’ which can be used to support self-evaluation and action planning.
A set of KS2 Science posters is included in the course cost.
The 2 day course will also provide an opportunity to network with colleagues in similar positions across the region and will introduce the Primary Science Quality Mark (PSQM) and how your school can get involved.
Please note the slightly earlier start time of 9:15am and the 4pm finish to ensure all aspects can be covered adequately.
Make a booking
Sign up to our Blog
Don't miss out on half-termly curriculum updates, the latest CPD happening near you and new resources to save you time and enhance your classroom practice!