- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Helen Monaghan (Secondary Mathematics Consultant)
Suitable for: Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs
• To consider strategies to build and develop student's reasoning skills over key stage 3
• To consider strategies to enhance teacher questioning techniques
• To look at resources to develop reasoning in algebra, geometry and proportion
• To develop language associated with reasoning
Many students struggle with mathematical reasoning.
Students of all abilities need to explain and reason to some extent.
This course will look at methods and strategies to develop these skills enabling teachers to support and develop students of varying ability. The focus is on developing the skills in KS3, enabling students to hone these skills in KS4.
Who should attend: This course is aimed at mathematics teachers in the secondary phase.
This course can be booked as part of the ‘Book three get the fourth for free’. This offer applies only to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science, Learning and Teaching which are marked as such. Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2019-20 only. To take advantage of this offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.