- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
|KS3; KS4; Post16
- Helen Monaghan (Secondary Mathematics Consultant)
Suitable for: Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs
• To develop understanding of how and why some students struggle in mathematics lessons
• To consider and identify the features of engaging lessons
• To consider how to create an engaging, 'risk taking' environment
• To discuss strategies to improve student resilience and increase engagement in mathematics lessons
Many students feel they are not good at mathematics and consequently a high proportion of these students struggle to engage well in lessons and lack some of the resilience to succeed. Often these students are capable of more. So how do you help them to make the most of their abilities? How do you get them to "Feel the fear and do it anyway"?
This course looks at strategies to help students engage more in lessons and to develop the confidence and resilience to succeed in mathematics.
This course looks at ways of developing these skills in students and supports leaders in planning for the implementation of such methods.
Who should attend: This course is aimed at mathematics teachers in the secondary phase.
This course can be booked as part of the ‘Book three get the fourth for free’. This offer applies only to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science, Learning and Teaching which are marked as such. Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2019-20 only. To take advantage of this offer please email email@example.com with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.