- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
|KS3; KS4; Post16
- Helen Monaghan (Secondary Mathematics Consultant)
Suitable for: Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Teachers
• To consider research evidence for mixed ability teaching in mathematics
• To consider the pros and cons of mixed ability teaching in mathematics
• To discuss how mixed ability teaching could be introduced and developed in a mathematics department
• To look at strategies to develop teacher's skills for mixed ability teaching
• To consider resources to support mixed ability teaching
Mixed ability teaching is used widely across the secondary sector, but not in mathematics. Why? Is it genuinely better to teach students in "setted" classes for maths?
How could you introduce mixed ability teaching? What are the benefits if any?
What skill sets are required of staff and pupils?
Interested in finding out more? This is the course for you!
This course can be booked as part of the ‘Book three get the fourth for free’. This offer applies only to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science, behaviour and Attendance which are marked as such. Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2018-19 only.
To take advantage of this offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.