- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
|KS3; KS4; Post16
- Helen Monaghan (Secondary Mathematics Consultant)
Suitable for: NQTs, HLTAs teaching maths groups
• To enhance the teaching of KS3 and KS4 mathematics for newly qualified teachers to engage all learners, increase rates of progress and improve attainment
• To support NQTs in planning effective lessons and providing effective feedback to pupils
• To consider key problem areas for teachers in their first year e.g. differentiation and progression
• To look at strategies for some 'hard to teach' topics
Areas to be covered include:
• Strategies to engage disaffected pupils and boost the kinaesthetic elements of teaching and learning
• Developing understanding of mathematical concepts e.g. proportional reasoning, algebra
• Use of ICT and other resources to engage learners and more..
If delegates book early enough, let Helen know issues or topics you want included in the sessions and she will try to accommodate you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This course has been extremely popular with very positive feedback from delegates
• "Brilliant, loads of resources and ideas"
• "Lots of things to try back in school- Thanks"
Who should attend: This course is aimed at NQTs teaching mathematics in the secondary phase. However, it would also be useful to HLTAs working with groups of pupils for intervention or teachers from other specialisms teaching mathematics for the first time.
This course can be booked as part of the ‘Book three get the fourth for free’. This offer applies only to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science, Learning and Teaching which are marked as such. Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2019-20 only. To take advantage of this offer please email email@example.com with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.