- £0 (LCC Fee)
- £0 (Ext Fee)
|KS3; KS4; Post16
- Ben Ward (Associate Consultant (Geography))
Suitable for: nqtS
NQTs will be able to scrutinise their own books to:
• assess pupil strengths and weakness
• evaluate the impact of their lessons.
• NQTs will be able to describe how book scrutiny forms an important part of appraisal and Ofsted review.
• Consider a range of practical strategies which can be used to ensure their good practice is recognised through the scrutiny process.
The aim of this practical session is to provide Secondary and Sixth Form phase NQTs with an insight into the importance and process of book scrutiny. NQTs will learn how self-scrutiny can be used to improve performance and direct practice, as well as reviewing how Ofsted will be using book scrutiny to help form their ‘Quality of Education’ judgement. NQTs will be given a range of ‘use tomorrow’ strategies which can be used to ensure their hard work (and that of their pupils) is recognised through the scrutiny process.
This course is provided at no charge but is exclusively for NQTs employed in schools who use Lancashire as their Appropriate Body. Non attendance will result in a £55 charge