- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Andrew Taylor (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQT
• To discuss the role of variation in high value maths activities.
• To consider how conceptual and procedural variation can be used to support mathematical understanding.
• To discuss the importance of variation in questions to deepen children’s conceptual understanding and develop mastery.
• To explore common resources and how they can be used/adapted to encourage children to think more deeply.
• To create examples of high value activities involving variation that are pitched to termly expectations.
This course will support teachers in the identification of high value activities and what to look for when choosing or designing tasks for children.
Delegates will explore variation and how it can be used to deepen children’s understanding and develop resilience.
Throughout this full day course, examples of high value activities will be shared and created and will exemplify progression through the autumn, spring and summer terms.