- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Andrew Taylor (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQT
• To identify the key learning in mathematics in the reception class using the learning and progression steps document.
• To support practitioners in developing both adult led and child initiated activities through effective dialogue, questioning and modelling.
• To reflect on how to use the environment to support effective teaching and learning in mathematics, including how to enhance continuous provision.
• To provide support for a curriculum that effectively prepares children for Year One whilst also supporting development toward the early learning goals.
• To demonstrate how practitioners can use exciting practical activities to develop children’s mathematics based on their needs and interests.
This course will consider all aspects of mathematics within a reception class, including enabling and encouraging children to utilise the mathematics they know to solve practical problems.
It will focus on how to effectively scaffold children’s mathematical development, particularly the acquisition of mathematical language, through the provision of effective learning opportunities and activities.