- £300 (LCC Fee)
- £300 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2
- Lynsey Norris (Senior Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
• To provide mathematics subject leaders with the knowledge and skills to develop the key elements of leading and managing mathematics effectively.
• To enable the mathematics subject leader to understand and develop the different aspects of their role.
• To equip the mathematics subject leader with a range of tools to monitor and evaluate the mathematics curriculum.
This two day course is suitable for those colleagues who are new to subject leadership in mathematics or have only been leading mathematics for a short while.
It will utilise the Examining Teaching and Learning in Mathematics document and guide new subject leaders through their roles and responsibilities, including:
• Carrying out a mathematics audit
• Supporting staff with mathematics planning and resources
• Producing a policy document
• Data analysis, assessment and tracking
• Monitoring and evaluating the subject provision - including reviewing children's learning, a range of work scrutiny strategies, teachers' planning and talking to children and staff.