- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Peter Toogood (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQT's
• To consider why mathematical vocabulary is important and how it is linked to subject knowledge.
• To identify the features of effective mathematical talk.
• To explore activities that encourage the development and understanding of mathematical vocabulary.
• To discuss questioning techniques and strategies for encouraging mathematical discussion that enables children to communicate their thinking, decision making and understanding confidently.
This course will support teachers in creating an environment in which mathematical talk is encouraged and seen as an essential ingredient of every maths lesson. Many ideas and strategies will be explored, including how to integrate these opportunities into any part of the lesson.Teachers will identify the link between effective provision for mathematical talk and the development of mathematical reasoning.