• To support colleagues in reviewing current online-safety strategies against the latest Ofsted inspection criteria
• To consider the extent to which school's filtering and monitoring of its network is robust and in line with the statutory duty laid down within the Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance
• To ensure we are teaching children to become resilient online learners
• To review the role of the Online Safety Champion in school
• To ensure that online safety is a central tenet of the school's safeguarding strategy.
How comprehensive is online safeguarding provision in your school?
How well prepared are staff and governors to respond positively to Ofsted inspection?
To what extent have developments within the Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance been implemented within your school?
This course shall challenge delegates’ understanding of current best practice with regards to safe online activity and explore the extent to which current school provision is robust and able to protect pupils against the potential pitfalls of internet use.
As well as reviewing documentation and discussing case scenarios, delegates shall have the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities supported by the county adviser in order to evaluate key features of good and outstanding practice.
This course is recommended for senior staff, online safety champions, computing subject leaders and governors with responsibility for computing and online safety.
Make a booking
Sign up to our Blog
Don't miss out on half-termly curriculum updates, the latest CPD happening near you and new resources to save you time and enhance your classroom practice!