- £300 (LCC Fee)
- £300 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2
- Jane Phythian (Senior School Adviser and Team Leader )
- Roger Livesey (Area North Manager)
- Emma Nicholson (School Finance)
Suitable for: Senior leaders, Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher
1. To gain an understanding of the funding arrangements in schools.
2. To develop skills in effective financial management in school.
3. To gain a knowledge and understanding of compliance for financial processes and procedures in school
4. To understand the process and expectations of the Schools Financial Value Standard.
5. To further develop skills in links between school improvement and budget planning
Course objectives; delegates will:
- Understand how schools are funded within the national funding framework.
- Understand the principles of budget setting and planning, including the link to school development plans
- Understand the means of budget monitoring and financial control.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities for financial management including those of the Local Authority (LA), Governors, Headteachers and other school staff.
- Understand 'procurement' and consider ways in which schools can develop procurement skills to improve VFM
- Self-evaluate the school's financial management
- Consider how to evidence and evaluate the impact of Pupil Premium Grant.
Where delegates are unable to attend one of the scheduled dates, it may be possible for them to attend that session when the course is repeated. In this case, a charge of £25 per session will be levied by journal transfer to cover additional venue costs.