- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Katy McWean (Secondary Consultant)
Suitable for: Heads of Department, Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs, Non-specialist English Teachers
• To explore transition from key stage 2 to key stage 3 and addressing PPG gaps
• To explore the tracking of PPG students
• To explore approaches to teaching reading skills and vocabulary to address a knowledge deficit
• To explore the effect of a knowledge rich curriculum on the achievement of PPG students
• To explore opportunities to build cultural capital
Gaps in achievement in between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged students are of concern in English nationally. Outcomes in English Language and English Literature should not be determined by background, and so it is imperative that issues such as cultural impoverishment, a vocabulary deficit and weak reading skills are explicitly addressed in English departments to support disadvantaged students.
This course looks at both short and long-term strategies to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds perform as well as their peers in English Language and, more specifically, in English Literature.
This course can be booked as part of the ‘Book three get the fourth for free’. This offer applies only to full day Secondary specific courses for English, Maths, Science, Learning and Teaching which are marked as such. Network meetings and Senior Leader briefings are NOT included in this offer. The discount will be applied at the point the fourth place or course from your school is booked. This offer runs through the academic year 2019-20 only. To take advantage of this offer please email email@example.com with the four courses and delegate names and we will discount the fourth place.