- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Nigel Kirkham (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Headteacher
• To increase awareness of national (and international) issues regarding Online Safety
• To ensure schools are clearly aware of OFSTED's expectations
• To provide a resource bank of materials to support school staff, governors and parents that is regularly updated to address ongoing issues
• To provide a presentation template that can be tailored to meet the needs of individual schools and support school policy
Schools are now expected to be fully aware of issues relating to Online Safety which is now considered to be an integral part of Safeguarding. All staff and governors need to be up to date on any developments and up dated guidance from OFSTED and bodies that offer support on protecting children in the online world.
Additionally, schools are expected to offer guidance to parents to help keep children safe in the home environment. Parental engagement is an area that is currently being looked into at government level due to the serious nature of issues involving young people.
This course will cover all aspects mentioned above and delegates will be given a link to an online resources bank of support materials and videos This link will remain in place after the course and will be accessible and updated on a regular basis for future support.
As part of the training course, members will receive a PowerPoint presentation template that can be customised from the resource bank to assist in delivering in-school training for staff, governors and for parent briefing sessions.
The course tutor has supported Online Safety in Schools for over 10 years and has delivered to a broad range of audiences and services including: Head teachers, school staff, governor services, foster carer service, residential schools, pupil support services and independent sector.