- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16
- Rob Musker (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: School Governors
Schools which have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee.
Technological developments and the increased availability of web-enabled devices have brought many benefits and opportunities for children and schools.
The increased access to the Internet has also brought safeguarding implications for schools to consider and deal with.
This course provides an up-to-date overview of online safety for primary schools. It looks at the range of online safety risks that affect pupils and school staff. It will also look at key safeguarding documents, Ofsted recommendations, online safety policy development and ways that schools can support both pupils and parents in this area of safeguarding.
The content of this course will include:
• Current news and documents, Ofsted recommendations, research and statistics relating to online safety.
• Key features of evaluating online safety policies.
• Online safety risks to pupils including grooming, self-harm and gaming.
• Professional reputation and staff professional development.
• Online safety resources specifically created to support governors.
This course is for Governors only. Schools buying into the SLA for training can attend this course for free. Non Governors will be charged the full course fee.
Cancellation fees will apply for non-attendance or if a course place is cancelled by the delegate within eight working days of the course date.
If you have applied online and ticked to have acceptance sent via email the email will be sent 2-3 weeks before as well as a letter to the your Schools Portal.