Finance for Maintained schools including the Schools Financial Standard
£85 (LCC Fee)
£85 (Ext Fee)
Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16
Emma Nicholson (School Finance)
Suitable for: Governors
Schools which have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee.
This session is suitable for all Governors of schools (including PRU Management Committees), particularly those with an interest and/or responsibility in finance. Whilst it is focussed on maintained schools as they make up the majority of Lancashire schools, Governors from Academies are welcome as much of the course content is applicable to both. The session introduces the approach to school funding, concepts of financial management and value for money along with examples of good practice and practical solutions for improvement.
By the end of the session delegates should understand:
• the respective roles and responsibilities of the Governing Board, school staff and local authority (LA) relating to finance;
• the principles and sources of school funding including pupil premium;
• the key elements of budget setting and budget monitoring linked to school improvement;
• the requirements of the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS);
• the principles of good financial management & value for money in schools.
This course is for Governors only. unless stated. Schools that have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive these courses for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools that have not bought into the SLA will be charged the full course fees as indicated.
If you have applied online and ticked to have your course acceptance sent via email, the email will be sent 4 weeks before the course, as well as a letter being sent to the your Schools' Portal. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance.