Schools which have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee. Cancellation fees will apply for non-attendance or if a course place is cancelled by the delegate within 21 working days of the course date
This course will provide Governors with:
• Improved understanding of strong and effective governance.
• Improved knowledge of the statutory responsibilities of Governors.
• Improved understanding of how Governors can support school improvement.
• Improved understanding of the differences between the roles of Headteacher and Governors.
This course will examine the statutory duties and responsibilities of governors specifically:
• Supporting school improvement.
• More effective governance.
• Corporate responsibilities.
• The role of nominated governors.
This course is for Governors only. Schools that have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive these courses for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools that have not bought into the SLA will be charged the full course fees as indicated.
If you have applied online and ticked to have your course acceptance sent via email, the email will be sent 4 weeks before the course, as well as a letter being sent to the your Schools' Portal. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance.