Team GB: Building a successful Governing Board/Trust Board
£85 (LCC Fee)
£85 (Ext Fee)
Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16
Steve Wetherill (Presenter)
Anne Aspden (Presenter)
Suitable for: Governors
This Course will look at how the Governing Board/Trust can build and sustain an effective Board. Which is necessary to facilitate a learning and developmental culture within the Board, where challenge and accountability are accepted as the norm. Building that team through recruitment and succession planning is emphasised, as is the need for training and keeping up to date on relevant matters. This course is for Governors only. Non Governors will be charged the full course fee.
The course will focus upon the importance of:
• understanding the context and role of Governing/Trust Boards (GBs /TBs) in the education system;
• creating an effective team of Governors;
• understanding the importance of positive working relationships with all stakeholders;
• understanding the importance of recruitment strategies, training and development, and succession planning; and
• reviewing and evaluating the work of the team.
Schools which have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee.
Cancellation fees will apply for non-attendance or if a course place is cancelled by the delegate within 21 working days of the course date.
Make a booking
Sign up to our Blog
Don't miss out on half-termly curriculum updates, the latest CPD happening near you and new resources to save you time and enhance your classroom practice!