This Course will look at how the Governing Board/Trust can build and sustain an effective Board. Which is necessary to facilitate a learning and developmental culture within the Board, where challenge and accountability are accepted as the norm. Building that team through recruitment and succession planning is emphasised, as is the need for training and keeping up to date on relevant matters.
The course will focus upon the importance of:
• understanding the context and role of Governing/Trust Boards (GBs /TBs) in the education system;
• creating an effective team of Governors;
• understanding the importance of positive working relationships with all stakeholders;
• understanding the importance of recruitment strategies, training and development, and succession planning; and
• reviewing and evaluating the work of the team.
This course is for Governors only, unless stated. Schools that have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive these courses for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools that have not bought into the SLA will be charged the full course fees as indicated.
If you have applied online and ticked to have your course acceptance sent via email, the email will be sent 4 weeks before the course, as well as a letter being sent to the your Schools' Portal. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance.