Handling Concerns and Complaints in School for Governors
£85 (LCC Fee)
£85 (Ext Fee)
Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16
Margaret Scrivens (School Based Issues Officer)
Lynn Brewer (Solicitor)
Suitable for: All governors
Schools which have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee.
Under the Education Act 2002, all maintained schools and maintained nursery schools must have and publish procedures to deal with all complaints relating to their school. This course considers:
• The Governing Board's legal responsibility in respect of concerns and complaints.
• The Policy and Procedures that Governing Boards need to have in place.
• Consideration of model complaints Policy and Procedures that Governing Boards must tailor for their school.
• Good practice advice for managing concerns and complaints.
• The legal implications for Schools/Governing Boards if published Policy and Procedures are not followed correctly.
Note: Although this course has been prepared for Lancashire County Council maintained schools, the good practice advice and guidance applies to other Local Authority maintained schools and Academies.
This course is for Governors only, unless stated. Schools that have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive these courses for free as part of their package but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools that have not bought into the SLA will be charged the full course fees as indicated.
If you have applied online and ticked to have your course acceptance sent via email, the email will be sent 4 weeks before the course, as well as a letter being sent to the your Schools' Portal. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance. .