- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Caroline Yabantu (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, Subject Leaders, NQTs, Teaching Assistants
Fast Track Phonics is a 14 week programme which has been developed to support children in Year 2 who did not meet the expected standard in the Year 1 Phonics Check. It is an intervention programme designed to address gaps in learning. This half day course explores the principles behind the programme and practical delivery of the sessions.
Fast Track Phonics focuses on specific aspects of phonic learning that pupils, who have not achieved at the expected level, may have found difficult. These include pupils who:
• Can decode phonemes separately but have difficulty with blending to read
• Can read CVC words but have difficulty with adjacent consonants (Phase 4)
• Can read short vowel phonemes but have difficulty with long vowel phonemes
• Can read real words but have difficulty with nonsense words
• Have difficulty with words which have more than one syllable.
The 14 week programme consists of 3 twenty minute sessions each week. Comprehensive lesson plans for all 42 sessions are included.
Ideally, the course should be attended by the class teacher and the person who will be delivering the programme.