- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
- Janet Gough (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQTs
This new, full day course aims to:
• Explore a range of practical approaches to support children in preparing for the National Curriculum tests in reading, and grammar, punctuation and spelling.
• Examine the assessable elements of the National Curriculum in grammar and reading.
• Provide guidance to support the process of teacher assessment in writing.
This full day course is designed to support Year 6 teachers in using a range of strategies to prepare children for the KS2 SATs. Participants will become more familiar with the assessable elements of the National Curriculum and explore practical approaches to the teaching and learning of these newer aspects.
Top tips for test technique will be shared and discussion will focus on how these could be integrated into English lessons throughout the year.
The course is led by experienced KS2 Moderators who will provide support, guidance and top tips for effective teaching and learning in Y6.