- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Nicola Martin (Senior Consultant - Primary English)
- Clare Cherry (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Early Literacy)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
This course is for practitioners who are leading phonics in their school, and will include:
• up to date information on the teaching and learning of phonics;
• an overview of assessment and progression through phonics phases;
• examining effective phonics sessions with application into areas of learning, reading and writing
• assessing and tracking phonics
• guidance on tailored intervention to support children needing catch-up.
This course will review principles and practice of effective teaching and learning in phonics (Letters and Sounds) with a focus on progression through the phases. Practical ideas for developing learning beyond the daily phonics session into reading, writing and areas of learning will be exemplified and explored with support for adapting and differentiating provision according to children’s needs. Guidance on tailoring intervention for children who need additional catch-up support will be demonstrated, and a clear structure provided.