- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Steven Kenyon (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
• To consider the current issues around boys’ learning in English;
• To identify and reflect on approaches to engage boys in reading, writing, speaking and listening;
• To view and discuss how the learning environment and family support can help or hinder boys’ learning;
• To reflect on and discuss the findings of national experts.
Delegates will consider and discuss recommended approaches and try out some activities that have worked in a variety of classrooms. An exemplar teaching sequence and resources will be shared with delegates, which can be adapted to work with other texts and themes.
Delegates will participate in:
• Looking at and discussing research examples from over a long period of time (all drawing similar conclusions) and explore reasons and influences for this perennial issue;
• Examining what well-known experts have to say on the subject;
• Considering new thinking – gender schema, home and classroom environments, changes in society;
• Looking at strategies and advice that have worked in other schools.