Sarah Atkinson (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Caroline Yabantu (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQTs
This course is specifically designed to help Year 2 teachers generate quality outcomes to inform their end of year teacher assessments.
This half day course will:
• Examine the STA Teacher Assessment Frameworks for KS1 Reading and Writing;
• Explore key reading and writing skills that children must demonstrate;
• Use a quality text to plan a wealth of writing opportunities in a wide range of genres (fiction, non-fiction and poetry);
• Provide guidance on how to aim for the higher standards in reading and writing ;
• Provide teachers with a FREE unit of work which they can take away and use at school.
This course will enable Year 2 teachers to plan a range of opportunities for children to support reading and writing outcomes linked to the STA KS1 Teacher Assessment Frameworks for Reading and Writing. The course will be based around a quality text (to be decided!) and will incorporate narrative, non-fiction and poetry.
Teachers will be given the unit free of charge on the day, which is included in the cost of the course.