- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers,NQTs
This course will explore the teaching of reading in Year 6 with a focus on:
• teaching word reading and comprehension skills which are statutory requirements of the National Curriculum;
• vocabulary and comprehension development using texts which are read to children, and those they can read themselves;
• recording responses to reading, in writing;
• National expectations for the end of Key Stage Two assessment.
This course will address the elements specified above, and is particularly suitable for any teachers who are new to Year 6.