- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQTs
This course will explore the teaching of reading in Year 3 with a focus on:
• teaching word reading and comprehension skills which are statutory requirements of the National Curriculum;
• examining the essential skills needed for an effective transition from Year 2 into Year 3;
• vocabulary and comprehension development using texts which are read to children, and those they can read themselves;
• recording responses to reading, in writing.
This course will address the elements specified above, and is particularly suitable for any teachers who are new to Year 3.