- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Caroline Yabantu (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQTs
This course will explore the teaching of reading in Year 2 with a focus on:
• teaching word reading and comprehension skills which are statutory requirements of the National Curriculum;
• consideration of the Teacher Assessment Framework in Reading for the end of Key Stage One;
• how to teach the application of phonics into reading with a focus on decoding, including tricky words and common exception words;
• comprehension development using texts which are read to children, and those they can read themselves;
• recording responses to reading in writing.
This course will address the elements specified above, and is particularly suitable for any teachers who are new to Year 2.