Leading a Rich Reading Curriculum for English Subject Leaders
£165 (LCC Fee)
£165 (Ext Fee)
Foundation; KS1; KS2
Nicola Martin (Senior Consultant - Primary English)
Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
This new course provides an opportunity for Subject Leaders to:
• consider effective practice in the various elements of reading in the primary school;
• explore the implications of the OFSTED framework 2019;
• examine progression in reading as defined by National Curriculum 2014;
• explore creative approaches to teaching and learning in reading;
• reflect on current practice.
Reading remains at the heart of the curriculum in primary schools. Effective approaches for the teaching of reading within English and across curriculum will be explored alongside reading for pleasure.
This course will provide English Subject Leaders with an implementation toolkit in order to support auditing reading, identifying areas for development, discussing strategies to address these and formulating next steps.