- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2
- Caroline Yabantu (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
- Steven Kenyon (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Headteachers, Subject Leaders, Teachers
This course will include:
• A consideration of the link between physical development and handwriting;
• The development of gross and fine motor skills;
• Mark making, early writing and links to phonics;
• How to develop an effective posture and grip;
• Kinaesthetic approaches towards developing handwriting;
• Practical, high- interest activities to engage children in handwriting sessions;
• Increasing handwriting fluency, consistency and speed;
• Using handwriting to support composition and spelling.
This brand new course is suitable for English Subject Leaders or classroom practitioners, and aims to provide a clear progression of handwriting development from the early stages to handwriting fluency.
Beginning with mark making and early writing through to examining how to establish a fluent legible joined style, this full day course will equip delegates with a practical overview of classroom strategies which can be implemented across the whole school.
This course is ideal for schools that have identified handwriting as an issue, and need to make improvements across the whole primary phase.