Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQT's
This course is specifically designed to help Year 6 teachers generate quality writing outcomes to inform their end of year teacher assessments. This half day course will:
• Examine the STA Teacher Assessment Frameworks for KS2 Writing;
• Explore key writing skills that children must demonstrate in independent writing;
• Use a quality text (Wonder by R.J. Palacio ) to plan a wealth of writing opportunities in a wide range of genres (fiction, non-fiction and poetry);
• Provide guidance on how to aim for the higher standard in writing ;
• Provide teachers with a FREE unit of work which they can take away and use at school.
This course will enable Year 6 teachers to plan a range of opportunities for children to ‘Write effectively for a range of purposes and audiences’ (as specified in the STA KS2 Teacher Assessment Framework for Writing). The course will be based around R.J. Palacio’s ‘Wonder’ and will make relevant links to films, popular music and poetry. Teachers will be given the unit free of charge on the day, which is included in the cost of the course.