Catherine Leyland (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Katie Giles (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Subject Leader, Teachers, NQTs
The Primary English and Literacy team designed a Last Push Pack for Writing based on the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio in 2018.
Building on the success of this unit, a NEW unit will be created for 2020 2021 to provide schools with a further option. This new course/unit is specifically designed to help Year 6 teachers generate quality writing outcomes to inform their end of year teacher assessments.
This half day course will:
• Examine the STA Teacher Assessment Frameworks for KS2 Writing;
• Explore key writing skills that children must demonstrate in independent writing;
• Use a quality text to plan a wealth of writing opportunities in a wide range of genres (fiction, non-fiction and poetry);
• Provide guidance on how to aim for the higher standard in writing ;
• Provide teachers with a FREE unit of work which they can take away and use at school.
This new course will enable Year 6 teachers to plan a range of opportunities for children to ‘Write effectively for a range of purposes and audiences’ (as specified in the STA KS2 Teacher Assessment Framework for Writing). The existing Last Push Pack based on Wonder by R.J. Palacio is available to purchase via the LPDS Publications website. This course will be based around a NEW text and will utilise links with other texts and film clips. Teachers will be given the unit free of charge on the day.
Make a booking
Sign up to our Blog
Don't miss out on half-termly curriculum updates, the latest CPD happening near you and new resources to save you time and enhance your classroom practice!