- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
- Sarah Atkinson (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
- Louise Baker (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, Teaching Assistants
This course provides an overview of how to plan and deliver tailored intervention for KS1 including:
• Exploring the structure of the approach;
• Supporting children in making progress in phonics, reading and writing from their current starting points;
• Using specific targets to accelerate progress through additional support.
This tailored intervention approach is designed to be delivered by teaching assistants who support groups of children with phonics, reading and writing. The programme consists of 3 twenty minute sessions each week which can be delivered over half a term, or longer, as required. Depending on the needs of the children, the approach can be used to accelerate progress towards age-related expectations, or can provide additional acceleration for children already working at age-related expectations. The materials explored can be used within school to train relevant staff.