- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Nicola Martin (Senior Consultant - Primary English)
- Roxana Sardais (Team Leader)
Suitable for: Headteachers, Subject Leaders, Teachers
National research has found evidence of a significant word gap in UK schools; an increasing problem which is holding back children's learning. The Lancashire Primary English and Literacy team and EAL team have collaborated to design this training which can support a whole school improvement focus to address this.
This course is aimed at English Subject Leaders and/or senior leaders who are looking to implement a focus on vocabulary and closing the word gap across all key stages within the primary phase.
The course will include:
• An exploration of current issues surrounding the word gap;
• Looking at common areas of difficulty with vocabulary for all learners, including EAL learners, e.g. idioms, words with multiple meanings and collocations, and how these can be addressed;
• Practical approaches for integrating the teaching of vocabulary in English and across the curriculum;
• Consideration of how whole school approaches can be implemented.