- £300 (LCC Fee)
- £300 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2
- Sarah Atkinson (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders
• To provide English subject leaders with the knowledge and skills to develop the key elements of leading and managing English effectively within the primary school.
• To enable the English subject leader to understand and develop the different aspects of their role.
• To equip the English subject leader with a range of tools to monitor and evaluate English linked to the National Curriculum and the OFSTED Framework.
This two day course is suitable for those colleagues who are new to subject leadership in English or have only been leading the subject for a short while.
The course will outline the roles and responsibility of the English Subject Leader and will consider issues such as:
• Carrying out a subject audit
• Supporting staff with planning and resources in line with the National Curriculum
• Producing a policy document
• Data analysis, assessment and tracking
• Monitoring and evaluating the subject provision - including reviewing children's learning, a range of work scrutiny strategies, teachers' planning and talking to children and staff.