- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Viv Parsons (Teaching and Learning Consultant)
- Clare Cherry (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Early Literacy)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQTs
This course will explore the teaching of reading in Reception with a focus on:
• teaching word reading and comprehension skills;
• how to teach the application of phonics into reading with a focus on decoding, including tricky words and common exception words;
• comprehension development using texts which are read to children, and those they can read themselves;
• exploring shared and guided reading approaches;
• continuous provision opportunities.
This course will address the elements specified above, and is particularly suitable for any teachers who are new to reception.