- £165 (LCC Fee)
- £165 (Ext Fee)
- Sarah Atkinson (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
- Caroline Yabantu (Teaching and Learning Consultant - Primary English)
Suitable for: Teachers, NQT's
This full day course aims to explore a range of practical approaches to support children in preparing for the National Curriculum tests and teacher assessment at the end of KS1. The following will be explored:
• planning for writing skills via grammar warm-up sessions and application into writing;
• examining the teaching of reading alongside using assessment reading domains;
• creating tightly focused units of work to ensure writing evidence supports the assessment process.
This full day course is designed to support Year 2 teachers in using a range of strategies to prepare children for the end of KS1 statutory assessments. Participants will become more familiar with the assessable elements of the National Curriculum, explore practical approaches for the teaching and learning of these aspects, and will focus on how these could be integrated into English units throughout the year.
The course is led by experienced KS1 Moderators who will provide support, guidance and top tips for effective teaching and learning in Y2.