- £85 (LCC Fee)
- £85 (Ext Fee)
|Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4
- Roxana Sardais (Team Leader)
- Izabela Zalewska-Ratajczak (EAL)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs, Teaching Assistants, Assessment Co-ordinator, EAL Co-ordinator, LTA
• To have increased confidence in assessing EAL children and the ability to choose the right EAL assessment frameworks for your setting
• To know how to use the assessment frameworks to track progress and set targets and
• To understand what typical progress looks like
• To be aware of characteristics that can indicate that early stage EAL learners are also gifted and talented
Do you want to know what the next steps are for EAL learners? Do you worry they should be making more progress? Are you enabling them to reach their potential?
The course is designed so teachers, EAL coordinators and other staff will be able to assess English Language Proficiency for EAL learners. We will examine a number of EAL assessment frameworks so you can make an informed choice for your school. We will consider expected progress and how to support EAL learners to reach their full potential.
Lunch will be provided to delegates attending EAL408 - EAL or SEN? Language barrier or learning need? in the afternoon. If you would like to book at place on this course, please visit our website and search for EAL408.