- £80 (LCC Fee)
- £80 (Ext Fee)
- Izabela Zalewska-Ratajczak (EAL)
- Roxana Sardais (Team Leader)
Suitable for: Subject Leaders, Teachers, NQTs, Teaching Assistants, EAL Coordinators
• To understand key principles of teaching and learning for children new to English
• To ensure that newly-arrived children and their families are warmly welcomed and feel safe and secure in the school environment
• To use digital technologies to support EAL learners and their parents and to share an induction pack for new to English pupils
The course is designed for teachers and teaching assistants with limited knowledge of working with new arrivals.
It will equip them with knowledge, skills and resources to provide a well thought out whole school approach to creating a welcoming environment for pupils who arrive at school with little or no knowledge of English. They will know how to provide suitable learning and teaching strategies and also how digital learning can support their independent learning.
Each participant will receive an induction pack for new to English pupils which contains lots of resources supporting adults working with children and their parents in their first few months of being in the country.